A toast is definitely on the cards once the baby has arrived, but what else does a new or expecting mum need? Consider gifts that she can pamper herself with, such as beauty products, relaxing items, yummy treats and comfy maternity or postpartum clothes.
You can even gift something homemade – a delicious dinner that can go in the fridge or freezer will be one of the most appreciated gifts.
Practical gifts are great too! Think of items that will make her more comfortable and things that will come in handy once the baby is born.
We’ve put together a list of gift ideas for new or expecting mums, and remember that you don’t need to spend a lot of money – there’s plenty out there for a variety of budgets!
Practical Gift Ideas
- Stroller Organiser – this universal organiser from Lupantte has insulated cup holders plus space for nappies, phone, toys, snacks, and more!
- Maternity or Postpartum Pyjamas
- Comfy Dressing Gown or Robe – she can wear this at the hospital and at home
- Breastfeeding-friendly tops – these Ekouaer nursing tops are practical, comfy and designed with discrete feeding access
- Postpartum Underwear
- Comfy Socks – non-slip for the hospital floor
- Postpartum Ice Pads – Ninja Mama have reusable ice packs to help with recovery after childbirth
- Toiletry Bag – pre-filled with some mini toiletries (for the hospital)
- Large Duffel Bag
- Fridge or Freezer Meals
- Baby Bag
- Maternity Bras
- The Wonder Weeks Book – a must-read according to parents around the world
- Water Bottle
- Baby Wipes – yes she will need plenty of these
- Nappies – plenty of these too
- Disposable Nappy Bags – and these!
Indulgent Gift Ideas
- Sleep Mask – a tired mama will love this 3D contoured silk eye mask
- Maternity & Postpartum Activewear
- Snack Basket
- Coffee Gift Card for the local cafe
- Travel Cup – this Avanti Go travel cup has great reviews
- Coffee/Tea Mug
- Loose leaf tea
- Epson Bath Salts
- Bubble Bath
- Hand Cream
- Belly Butter
- Lip Balm
- Essential Oils – please choose carefully as some EOs are not appropriate for pregnancy or postpartum
- Hair Moisturising and Strengthening Cream/Oil
- Pedicure Gift Card
- Mummy Massage Voucher
- Wheat Bag – soothe aches and pains with this Thurlby heat pack with removable cover
- Comfy Slippers
- Meditation App Subscription
- Baby Book – this Baby’s First Year journal makes a lovely keepsake of milestone moments
- Baby Keepsake Box
- Photo Frame or Photo Album
- Fitness tracker (for all those pram walks) – this Fitbit Luxe activity tracker has up to 5 days battery life
- Yoga Mat
- Family Photoshoot Gift Voucher
- Magazine Subscription
- Audiobook gift membership – choose from a 1, 3, 6 or 12-month membership so mum can listen to her favourite books and podcasts
For even more gift ideas to help a special mum or mum-to-be settle into motherhood, check out some of the most popular baby and maternity products.