If you’d like to position yourself as an expert in your field and help educate our mums on relevant topics, writing for Melville Mums is an excellent way to do just that!
Benefits of writing for Melville Mums
- The article will be published on the Melville Mums blog and will remain on the website indefinitely. We optimise all articles for SEO (more likely to be found on Google), and you can include one backlink to your website, boosting your own website’s visibility in a Google search.
- At the bottom of the article, you will be given an author’s profile that can include a headshot, bio and website/social media links.
- Your article will be promoted to our social media pages and will be included in the next available eNewsletter.
Who can contribute an article?
If writing for professional reasons, only business owners with an active Premium Featured (Annual) directory listing can contribute an article (maximum 2 articles per 12 month period). Otherwise, you must be a mum living in or around the local area.
What can I write about?
Articles should be about a topic or issue that relates to your business and is also interesting/relevant to Melville Mums. For example:
- A Paediatric Optometrist could write an article on 5 Common Vision Problems for Children
- A Childcare Director could write an article on 10 Things to Consider When Selecting a Childcare Centre
- A Wellness Practitioner could write an article on Meditation – Practice, Benefits & How to Begin
- An Interior Designer could write an article on How to Design a New Home or Renovation that will Suit Your Family Long Term
Before you start writing, you’ll need to first pitch the idea to us so we can check it’s the right fit and we haven’t published something similar recently.
All articles must be original and exclusive to Melville Mums. Once written, the articles become the property of Melville Mums and cannot be published elsewhere on personal blogs or websites, however you are welcome to share the article on your social media channels.
Tips for writing a great article
- Length: 500-1000 words
- Style: Conversational, easy to read
- Format: Avoid long sections of text and instead consider making it easy for the reader e.g. use of bullet points, subheadings
- All articles will be edited by Melville Mums prior to publication.