After Hours GP Urgent Care is a service where patients can see a doctor after hours and receive care without the need to wait in a busy emergency department for a minor injury or illness – some service providers will even come to your home!
What is the difference between Emergency and Urgent Care?
An Emergency Department treats life threatening or limb threatening health conditions.
Urgent Care is the middle ground between your primary care provider and the Emergency Department. If you have a minor illness or injury that can’t wait until tomorrow, then you need Urgent Care. An Urgent Care service provides quality care like an Emergency Department.
Examples of Non Emergency Urgent Care
- Skin and soft tissue infections and symptoms, such as cuts and lacerations, mild burns and rashes, bites and insect stings
- Musculoskeletal injuries such as minor fractures, sports injuries and minor neck and back pain
- Other potentially urgent medical symptoms such as urinary tract infections, wound infections, abdominal pain, respiratory infection and sickness.
Where is the nearest in-person Urgent Care Service?
St John of God – Cockburn Urgent Care
Cockburn Gateway Shopping City
816 Beeliar Drive
Phone: 6174 6000
How to book an After Hours GP Home Visit
If your regular GP is closed, below is a list of some after hours doctor home visit service providers available, and some even bulk bill or offer Telehealth consultations. After hours home doctor visits are available:
- Monday – Friday, 6pm – 8am
- Saturday, 12am-8am, 12pm-12am
- Sunday, 24 hours
- Public Holidays, 24 Hours
National Home Doctor (bulk billing available)
Phone: 13 74 25
Website: National Home Doctor
Dial-A-Doctor (bulk billing available)
Phone: 1300 030 030
Website: Dial a Doctor
Phone: 13 26 60
Website: Doctor Doctor
Phone: 1300 644 483
Website: Night Doctor
Perth Home GP
Phone: 1300 815 321
Website: Perth Home GP
It is important to remember that if you have a life or limb threatening situation, you must go to your nearest emergency room or call 000.
Other articles you may be interested in: