Catching up with friends over High Tea seems to be a popular option at the moment for all the right reasons. What’s not to love about enjoying delicious savoury bite sized treats and decadent sweets with friends around a table! Add endless coffee and tea (or even bubbles), and life is good. We’ve put together a list of High Tea venues around Perth that offer unique experiences for you to enjoy with friends or family.
- May St Larder, East Fremantle
- Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle
- Moore and Moore, Fremantle
- Praline Patisserie, Mount Pleasant
- C Restaurant, Perth City
- Fleur Restaurant, Perth City
- Hearth at the Ritz Carlton, Perth City
- TWR Crown Towers, Burswood
- I Love tea, Mobile Service
May St Larder, East Fremantle
Whether you are planning a special occasion or just a catch up with a friend, May St larder offers an artisan High Tea menu available daily. Enjoy traditional sweet and savory treats alongside some non traditional surprises like the Korean fried chicken slider.
- Address: 23/155 Canning Hwy, East Fremantle
- Phone: Book online
- Website: May St Larder
- Tea Time: Everyday between 8:30am & 1pm
Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle
Every Sunday afternoon, the Esplanade Hotel serves up a traditional high tea experience. This once British tradition of indulging in a selection of sweet and savoury dishes can be enjoyed in the ocean side suburb of Fremantle. It’s a perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday with friends or family to celebrate a special occasion.
- Address: 46-54 Marine Terrace, Fremantle
- Phone: 9432 4000
- Website: Esplanade Hotel
- Tea Time: Sundays between 2pm & 4pm
Moore and Moore Cafe, Fremantle
Enjoy high tea with a twist at Moore and Moore Café in Freo. You will be treated to a unique experience as you indulge on house-made Moroccan tea and Moroccan inspired sweet and savory delights.
- Address: 46 Henry St, Fremantle
- Phone: 9335 8825
- Website: Moore and Moore Cafe
- Tea Time: Weekdays at 9:30am & 1:30pm, Saturday at 1:30pm
Praline Patisserie, Mount Pleasant
For a French take on the High Tea experience head to Praline Patisserie in Mount Pleasant. You will be treated to a mouth watering array of French sweet treats and savory bites. Served with either a bottomless cup of coffee or tea and for an additional cost you can add some bubbles.
- Address: 63 Kishorn Rd, Mount Pleasant
- Phone: 4 3171 4505
- Website: Praline Patisserie
- Tea Time: Mondays to Thursdays
C Restaurant, Perth City
Known for its panoramic views of Perth city, the C restaurant offers a delicious high tea service. The selection of treats that you will be served tend to be more on the sweet side than the savoury. The restaurant also offers freshly percolated coffee alongside its exquisite tea blends.
- Address:Level 33/44 St Georges Terrace, Perth
- Phone: 9220 8333
- Website: C Restaurant
- Tea Time: Monday to Friday between 12:30pm & 2:30pm, Saturday and Sunday between 1pm & 2pm
Fleur Restaurant, Perth City
Head into the city on a Saturday for an afternoon Bloom at Fleur restaurant. The restaurant sits inside the heritage listed Royal Hotel in Perth City. They offer an experience that is less high tea, more high indulgence. Afternoon Bloom starts with a glass of prosecco and then takes you through a selection of interesting and decadent treats. It is a unique mix of the immaculate old style charm of High tea with contemporary delicacies and presentation.
- Address: 531 Wellington St, Perth
- Phone: 9 322 1023
- Website: Fleur Restaurant
- Tea Time: Saturday between 12:30pm & 1:30pm
Hearth at the Ritz Carlton, Perth City
Spend the afternoon at Elizabeth Quay enjoying a high tea experience at the Hearth Lounge at The Ritz Carlton. Choose from two courses of savory and sweet treats from local producers paired with a beverage package. You can either enjoy your High Tea with bubbles or without. At certain times throughout the year you can take the kids along for their own afternoon Tea service.
- Address: 1 Barrack Street, Perth
- Phone: 8 6559 6822
- Website: Hearth Restaurant
- Tea Time: Monday to Friday between 12pm & 4pm in the Hearth Lounge, Saturday and Sunday 12pm & 3pm in the Hearth Restaurant
TWR Crown Towers, Burswood
For all those coffee lovers out there, how about a High Coffee instead of a High Tea? The TWR cocktail bar at the Crown Towers in Burswood serves up a uniquely different High Tea that is coffee inspired. Enjoy four decadent desserts and your choice of coffee cocktail (Non-alcoholic options are also available). All whilst taking in the stunning view of the Swan River whilst whiling away the afternoon with friends.
- Address: Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood
- Phone: 9362 7551
- Website: TWR Crown Towers
- Tea Time: Everyday between 12pm & 5pm
I Love Tea, Mobile Service
Sit back, relax and experience one of the world’s oldest and most beloved traditions without having to do the washing up! I Love Tea is a mobile high tea service that provides a bespoke journey through the aromas, flavours and comforts that make a memorable high tea. All you have to do is send out the invitations.
- Address: Ardross
- Phone: 0403 333 744
- Website: I Love Tea
- Tea Time: You decide
If you’re looking for more of a family dining experience, head to our blog where you can you can find a list of local family-friendly restaurants and cafes.